Last modified: 19th September 2022.
We are honored and flattered by the enthusiasm people have for Udemy and are grateful for the trust our community puts in our products and services. In order to protect our brand and our community, we ask that you follow these guidelines for using Udemy’s names, logos, and slogans (“Udemy TMs”).
Please note: use of Udemy’s logos requires Udemy’s written permission. Unless you have an express license from Udemy, these Trademark Usage Guidelines will exclusively govern your use of the Udemy TMs.
Udemy uses a number of terms and logos as active trademarks in branding our products and services, a non-exhaustive list is provided below:
FEEDBACK IS FUEL
Udemy “U” Logo:
Udemy has registered or applied for registration for some of these trademarks in the United States and other jurisdictions around the world. We have done this to protect our trademarks for our community and for the benefit of everyone involved with Udemy. Our trademark rights are not limited to the non-exhaustive list above. Udemy monitors the use of our trademarks and reserves the right to request any third parties that use the Udemy TMs modify, alter, or discontinue any use that violates these Trademark Guidelines.
In general, you may do the following with the Udemy TMs and the names of Udemy’s products or services:
- Truthfully and accurately refer to Udemy and its products or services. Ex. “I just posted a new course to the Udemy marketplace platform.”
- Use as an adjective before nouns. Ex. Udemy marketplace platform, Udemy courses, Udemy mobile app, etc.
Use without alteration in text to refer to Udemy and its products and services. Ex.“Find my course on the Udemy marketplace”; or “I teach on the Udemy platform”
Provide proper attribution when using the Udemy TMs. Ex. UDEMY is a trademark of Udemy, Inc.
- Use the ™ symbol. Udemy should be accompanied by the ™ symbol. If you use the Udemy trademark, the first mention should always include the ™.
- Don’t use the Udemy Trademarks as nouns, verbs, or in the possessive or plural form. Ex. “I’m offering Udemy!”; “Udemy it; “All the Udemys”;
- Don’t distort or misappropriate the Udemy TMs, for example, by combining the Udemy TMs with other terms, misspellings, or combining them with other words or phrases. Ex. “We are Udemfied!”; “We have become Udem-ics”; “Ude-mazing!”
- Don’t use the Udemy TMs in false or misleading advertising.
- Don’t use the Udemy TMs in objectionable material. You may not use the Udemy TMs on or in connection with any defamatory, obscene, scandalous, pornographic, unlawful, or other objectionable materials of any sort.
- Don’t use the Udemy TMs to disparage Udemy. You may not use Udemy TMs to disparage Udemy, its products, or its services, or in a manner that, in our reasonable judgment, may diminish or otherwise damage the reputation or the goodwill of Udemy.
- Don’t use the Udemy TMs or potentially confusing variations in your Internet domain name. Ex. Udemycoupons.com
- Don’t imitate Udemy’s trade dress, type style, or logos.
- Don’t suggest endorsement, sponsorship, or approval by Udemy without permission.
- Don’t use Udemy TMs in the name of your business, product, service, app, domain name, or social media account. Ex. @udemyinstructor.
- Don’t file a trademark application for a trademark that is confusingly similar to any Udemy TMs. Ex. Official Udemy Instructor, Udemy Life, etc.
Udemy Logos - Please Request Permission
Our logos are some of our most recognizable expressions of the Udemy brand. As such, we ask that you help us protect this important asset by requesting permission before using it.
Instructor Kit: However, we do understand that our instructors want to be able to share their courses and accomplishments with the world. That’s why we have created the Instructor Social Kit, which is a brand kit instructors can use to share their achievements. All uses of the Instructor Social Kit must abide by the guidelines contained within the kit. Happy teaching!
If you have any questions, please contact the Udemy Legal Department at email@example.com.
If you see any suspected misuse of the Udemy TMs, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Changes to the Trademark Usage Guidelines
Udemy reserves the right to modify, change, or terminate these guidelines at any time.