Assessments are a feature that helps learners identify their skill level in a certain topic and guides them to a personalized content recommendation based on their skillset. This article explains how you can access and complete assessments.
- Assessments are only available to Personal Plan subscribers.
- Learning on our mobile app? Review how to access and complete assessments via the app.
How to start and complete assessments
Personal Plan subscribers can follow the steps below to start and complete assessments:
1. To get started, you can access assessments on the Assessments tab on your Udemy home page or your My learning page. You can also search for assessments on the Udemy marketplace by searching for relevant topics (like AWS).
2. To choose an assessment, click Take assessment on the assessment card.
3. Click Start assessment when you’re ready to begin.
3. Each assessment includes around 30 multiple-choice or multi-select questions and will take approximately 25 minutes to complete. If you exit the assessment before answering all the questions and come back within 24 hours, you can pick up where you left off. Otherwise, you can start a new assessment and will see a different set of questions.
4. For each assessment, you have two attempts available per 24 hours.
- By limiting assessment attempts, we aim to help you make the most out of your learning experience by encouraging you to take the time to engage with the learning content on Udemy. You can then re-apply your newly solidified knowledge when retaking the assessment.
5. Once you’ve completed the assessment, you will be brought to the results page, where you can view your overall score and dive into detailed explanations for each question.
6. You will also see a course recommended on the results page of the assessment. Once enrolled, you will see personalized guidance based on recommended areas of focus. Click Enroll now to jump into your personalized course recommendation.
7. Once you’re in the recommended course, you can see specific sections highlighted for you based on your skill set. The specific sections will be notated by a chevron symbol.
How to continue an in-progress assessment
You can find in-progress assessments and your most recent results on your home page. Click Continue with assessment to pick up where you left off.
You can also access your assessments and most recent results through your My learning page.