Effective on August 1st, 2017, the Udemy Affiliate Team will have a new baseline commission for our affiliate program running on Rakuten Linkshare.
The new baseline will grant the following baseline commission to affiliates who apply to the Udemy Affiliate Program on or after August 1st, 2017:
- Commission: 20% in commissions for all paid Udemy courses; 0% for any In-app purchases of Udemy courses.
- Return Days or Cookie Window: 7 days
This new baseline commission does not affect any affiliate who was approved in the Udemy Affiliate Program before June 30th, 2017.
The Udemy Affiliate Team will regularly review the commissions given to our affiliates and commissions may need to be adjusted based on type of website you run as an affiliate or based on any changes on your promotions. In that case, the Udemy Affiliate Team will notify you of any updates directly via email.
If you are unsure how much in commissions you are currently receiving as a Udemy Affiliate, feel free to check on your Rakuten Linkshare account. To find your current commission, login to your Rakuten Linkshare account here. Then go to Programs> My Advertisers> Udemy to see the commission you are currently assigned to.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us (email@example.com)
The Udemy Affiliate Program is run in the Rakuten LinkShare network. Recently named the number one in its class, (according to The Online Advertising Blue Book, 2014), Rakuten LinkShare is an affiliate network of thousands of affiliates and advertisers like Udemy. The purpose of an affiliate network is to help facilitate relationships between affiliates and advertisers by providing the technology that manages tracking links, tracks results, sales & commissions, and sends payments.
Affiliate Marketing: The Basics
How does this help you?
Imagine a world where a Udemy Affiliate is a megaphone. Now imagine a world where your course is silent. You need a megaphone! Every successful product or offering online grows and generates more of a following because of affiliate marketing. So, what does this mean for you?
- We hand-pick and manually approved our affiliate partners one by one, and constantly work to grow our affiliate base. This means new views and potential new students for you. By adding your courses to our affiliate program, you are getting increased exposure to the dedication and hard work it took to create your course.
- You don't have to do it! Adding your course to our affiliate program takes the burden off of you! When you send an affiliate over to Udemy, they are able to promote all Udemy courses, so why not refer the affiliate, and let us optimize the relationship?
- Affiliate sales represent additional and incremental revenue that you wouldn't have otherwise earned. Remember, more eyes on your course, more students and money in your pocket!
Why do we pay affiliates?
We know it takes a lot of work for you as an instructor to create a course. We also know it takes our affiliate partners quite a bit of time and work to select and integrate your courses onto their websites, emails, newsletters, social media promotions, etc. For their marketing efforts, we pay our affiliates a standard commission.
- Consider it a marketing fee. We do the work and maintain the relationships so that you don't have to.
- Paying our affiliates increases your courses' chances for being featured in top spots on a websites, blogs, newsletters, emails, social media, etc.
- In an effort to recruit and maintain quality affiliates to promote your courses, we offer competitive affiliate commissions.
Why do we offer affiliate promotions, contests and discounts?
Imagine a world without any sales or discounts. If you’re like us, a world like that is hard to imagine. Key marketing strategies for any online seller include offering their users discounts, coupons, exclusive content, etc. We support our affiliate’s marketing strategies by offering them occasional coupon codes, discounts or exclusive content. These offerings to our affiliates are also sometimes to thank them for their continued work and support of your Udemy courses. For coupon codes that you generate for your own course, please make sure to use coupon code best practices as a reference. Just like any online advertiser, setting up a coupon code means it can get picked up in search engines like Google or Bing, or any other affiliate site. For better control, set coupon code redemption limits, or vary the coupon code lifetime.
How do you add your course to the program?
It's easy! Simply agree to the affiliate terms and conditions in your premium instructor account. If your course is approved for the marketplace, it will appear in the marketplace and be eligible for affiliates to earn commission. Please note that you must choose to include all of your courses; we do not include courses on a one-off basis.
Have an affiliate referral?
Feel free to send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org. We value the affiliates you send us, and will expedite their review process as much as we can!
Have questions comments on Udemy's Affiliate Program? Feel free to send us a note: email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you!
The Udemy Affiliate Network is made up of thousands of marketing professionals who have websites with traffic, and are looking for products to sell. By opting in to the affiliate program, these marketers will be able to easily promote your course to their audience. This is a great option if you have great content, but are still learning how to promote yourself.Read Article
Opting in to the affiliate programTo opt in to the affiliate program:
- You must first become a premium instructor
- Once you've been accepted, click your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Click the pencil to edit profile
- Click Premium Instructor under your profile picture on the left of the page
- Select Manage Promotional Agreements to see the agreements available.
- Scroll down to the Udemy Marketing Boost Program. Read the agreement.
- Check the box to opt in to the boost program to make your course eligible for the affiliate program.