Video and audio lectures will be automatically marked as complete when the lecture finishes playing. Text and PDF based lectures are automatically marked as complete seconds after the lecture loads.
Mark the Lecture as Complete
- Click the menu button in the upper right-hand corner of the course player
- Select Mark as Completed
Tired of the pop-ups on your iPhone or iPad? This is an easy fix - all you need to do is disable your notifications from Udemy. If you want to learn how to opt out of e-mail notifications, please click here.
Disable Notifications on iOS
- From your home screen, tap Settings
- Hit Notifications.
- Scroll through your apps and tap Udemy
- Toggle Allow Notifications from on to off
If you plan on being disconnected from the internet, you can save individual lectures, sections, or an entire course for offline viewing on the iOS mobile app. When you're in an offline environment, an orange phone icon will appear on courses that have lectures downloaded to your device.
Save a Lecture for Offline Viewing
You can save lectures for offline viewing on your iOS device by following the steps below:
1. Tap and hold on the grey download icon on the right hand side of the lecture title
2. Tap on Save for Offline.
3. Once the lecture has finished downloading the download icon will turn green
Save a Section for Offline Viewing
You can also select all the lectures in a particular section for download at once, by tapping and holding the download icon, beside the section title. After you tap on the icon, you will be asked to confirm you wish to download that section.
Save an Entire Course for Offline Viewing
If you would like to save an entire course for offline viewing, please follow these steps:
1. Tap on the grey download icon, which appears near the top of the right hand side of the course curriculum
2. Next, tap on Download Course at the bottom of the screen
Once the lectures have been downloaded successfully for offline viewing, the grey download icons will turn green.
For steps on how to delete saved content from your iOS device, please refer to this article.