Udemy for Business is Udemy’s B2B (business to business) learning solution. The Udemy for Business program empowers organizations to address their biggest workforce challenges, by engaging employees in skills training and development using Udemy courses. Today, some of the program’s customers include PayPal, Lyft, Barclays and Volkswagen, among others, and more are being added daily.
Udemy for Business offers a subscription package of 3,000 Udemy courses; chosen for their quality and relevance to a business audience. Instructors included in Udemy for Business benefit from unique brand visibility in front of a new business audience, and also gain an additional revenue stream.
For more information on Udemy for Business, and how you can enroll in the program, please read below.
How can Instructors get Involved With Udemy for Business?
Opt In: Make sure you’re opted into the Udemy for Business Content Subscription marketing program, so that your courses are eligible for inclusion. You can enroll in the program on your promotional agreements page.
How Does Udemy for Business Decide Which Courses are Selected for the Program?
Udemy for Business uses a number of criteria to determine which courses are add to the collection. First, instructors must be opted into the Udemy for Business program in order for their courses to be considered. Next, Udemy for Business sees a lot of value in using the power of the marketplace to assist with course selection. Accordingly, one of the primary ways the Udemy for Business team chooses courses is based on student feedback, which is measured through recent course ratings. They then select the highest rated courses for the collection.
For more information on student reviews, and how to manage student feedback, please click here.
The Udemy for Business team also considers factors such as the course content’s demand with Udemy for Business customers, and their overall content strategy.
How Does the Revenue Share Work for the Udemy for Business Program? And How is it Reported on Instructor Revenue Reports?
For detailed information on how instructors are paid for their inclusion in the Udemy for Business Collection please click here.
Instructor revenue from the Udemy for Business program is added to the revenue report differently than other purchases. Udemy for Business revenue is added in the first week of the following month under the Udemy for Business tab on your revenue report. For example, your Udemy for Business revenue for the month of January, would appear in your January revenue report during the first week of February.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Udemy for Business program, please contact email@example.com.
As an instructor, you have the option to participate in the Udemy Deals Program. The Udemy Deals Program is made up of two marketing channels that spotlight your course(s) in different ways. Millions of students enroll in courses every year through the Udemy Deals Program, and both the Percentage Promotions and the Fixed Price Promotions are powerful levers to help you maximize your revenue potential on Udemy. You can opt out of this program at any time by editing your promotional agreements.
This program allows Udemy to offer your course for a discount of up to and including 75% off the base price (or slightly higher for rounding off prices). This can be an effective way to convert new students into your Udemy courses.
Fixed Price Promotions
The “Fixed-Price Promotions” program allows Udemy to offer Your Course for a fixed price that is less than the base price, but no less than approximately $10 USD (e.g., $10, $19 or $29 deals) except in Brazil, Mexico, India, Turkey and South Africa. Please note, the sale price under fixed-price promotions may represent a discount exceeding 75% depending on the applicable base price.
How to Edit Your Instructor Promotional Agreements
To change your promotional agreements please follow the steps below:
- Move your cursor to your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Payout settings from the dropdown menu.
- Under the payout options, click Manage Promotional Agreements.
- Scroll down to Udemy Deals Program and make a selection.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Opting Out of the Udemy Deals Program as a Published Instructor
If you choose to opt out of the Udemy Deals Program after your course has been published, it may take up to 10 days for it to stop being offered at a discount on the Udemy site (for campaigns that started while you were opted in).
In addition to on-site promotions, please note that Udemy employs a variety of other marketing channels for instructors in the Deals Program (including emails, paid ads, affiliate marketing). It may take some time after your opt-out date before your courses are no longer promoted via these channels, but your courses will no longer be offered at a discount on the Udemy site 10 days after your opt-out date. This 10 day period helps ensure we honor discounts that have already been offered to students in active campaigns.
Your course will not be included, however, in new campaigns that are created after you opted out.
Participation in Udemy Deals program is governed by the terms available here.
Your Udemy course can be free or paid. If you would like to charge for your courses, the first step is to fill out our Premium Instructor application. Once you are a Premium Instructor you can select a currency and price for your course.
While you, the instructor control the price of your course, we do have marketplace price standards in order to ensure a consistent and intuitive pricing experience for students. We also offer guidance based on marketplace data, in order to help you find the best price for your course.
What You Need to Know:
- The minimum and maximum prices instructors can set for courses are listed in our global price matrix (see below for more information on our price matrix)
- While you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.
- Courses offered for a fee on Udemy cannot be offered for free off of Udemy (e.g. YouTube, your own site, other sites).
The Global Price Matrix
The global price tier matrix includes the minimum and maximum prices you can select for your courses, and also outlines the price points in each currency Udemy supports.
- When you set your course list price in a given currency, you’re setting your list price at a particular tier. The list price that students will see in other currencies is calculated using the price tier matrix, based on the tier that it corresponds with.
- The price points on the tier matrix are not calculated using only strict currency conversions. Since Udemy is a global marketplace, the prices are also based on market conditions in different countries and will be adjusted regularly.
- Charm pricing options, where the price is set and displayed as ending in “.99”, are available in the following currencies: USD, SGD, AUD, TRY, GBP, BR, ILS, EUR, CAD and PLN.
To review Udemy’s Pricing and Promotions Policy please click here.
Creating coupons is an important part of any instructor's promotional strategy. When students use your coupon to enroll in your course, you will receive 97% of the revenue share.
You can create coupons where the discounted price is no lower than $10 USD or $9.99 USD depending on your course currency (please see the paragraph below regarding charm pricing) . Please note, however, that the lowest possible price tier for some countries may be lower than $10 USD or $9.99 USD, to better reflect local market conditions.
Charm pricing options, where the price is set and displayed as ending in “.99”, are available in the following currencies: USD, SGD, AUD, TRY, GBP, BR, ILS, EUR, CAD and PLN. In addition, in countries with currencies that Udemy does not support, the default pricing option is in USD or EUR, and will also feature feature charm pricing (X.99).
For a complete list of Udemy’s supported currencies, please click here.
Instructors can also create free and full price coupon codes for your courses.
Create a Coupon
- Navigate to the course management page (more information can be viewed here)
- From Course Management, click Price & Coupons on the left-hand side
- Click Create new coupon
- Name the coupon
- Set the coupon price
- Set the quantity of coupons to create
- If you wish, set an expiration date for the coupon by entering a deadline. Please note that the timezone for the deadline you set, will match the timezone of the computer you are using.
- Click Create Coupon
Please note: You cannot edit a coupon once it has been created. A coupon can only be toggled on and off using the "status" slider on the right.
Coupon Code Requirements
Your coupon code must be between 6 and 20 characters, and can only include CAPITAL letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9), periods ("."), dashes ("-") and or underscores ("_"). For example: NEWCOURSE.
Sharing Your Coupon Code
Once a coupon is created, it will appear in the coupon table. Next to the coupon name, click Get Link to see your coupon code link.
It's recommended that you share the coupon link when promoting your course. When a potential student clicks on the link, the coupon will be applied to the course price automatically. If you do not share the coupon link, students will have to redeem your coupon code on the course landing page.
How to Deactivate an Instructor Coupon
Once a coupon has been created, it cannot be edited or deleted. If you would like to deactivate a coupon, however, it can be turned off and will no longer be active for your course.
- From the course management page click Price & coupons.
- You'll see a list of coupons. Under status, toggle the coupon from on to off.
If a coupon has expired the toggle will appear to be greyed out.