If you plan on being disconnected from the internet, you can save individual lectures, sections, or an entire course for offline viewing on the Android mobile app. Due to piracy concerns, you can only access a Udemy course within the app, since the downloaded offline content is encrypted. Once the course is fully downloaded, you can go to Ready offline course on the My Courses tab to start learning.
Download a Single Lecture
You can download a single lecture from your Android device in a couple of ways:
1) From the Course Curriculum, tap on the download icon , which appears beside the lecture title.
2) Go to the lecture, tap the ellipses at the upper-right corner and choose Save for Offline.
After you download a lecture for offline viewing a trash bin icon will appear beside it. If you decide to delete the saved lecture, then you can do so by tapping on the trash bin icon. You can also find the Delete Offline content option in the lecture options. For more information on how to delete saved lectures from your device, please refer to this article.
Download a Section for Offline Viewing
You can also select all the lectures in a particular section for download by tapping the download icon in the section title.
Download an Entire Course
You can download an entire course from your Android device in a couple of ways.
1) When you navigate to a course, you will find a download icon at the very top of the Course Curriculum page. Just tap on it to download the entire course, or tap it again to cancel the downloading progress.
2) From the Course Curriculum, select the course options ellipses at the top right, and then tap Save course for offline.
Once all the lectures in a course are downloaded completely, the download icon will be replaced by a phone icon like this:
Download the Content to a SD External Card
If you have an Android device with limited internal storage, you can opt to save the offline content to the external memory card (mircoSD card).
- Open Menu in the Udemy app
- Open Settings
- Toggle on the Download to SD card option
- Close the app
- Relaunch the app from the Home screen. Moving forward, the download content will be stored in your external SD card
If you have any other questions regarding the mobile app, please contact Udemy Support.
Video and audio lectures will be automatically marked as complete when the lecture finishes playing. Text and PDF based lectures are automatically marked as complete seconds after the lecture loads.
Mark the Lecture as Complete
- Click the ellipses in the upper right-hand corner of the course player
- Select Mark as Completed
If you are having trouble downloading the Udemy app from the Google Play Store and see the error "Package File is Invalid," try clearing the Google Play Store cache and data. Here's how:
- Go to your device's Settings menu.
- Press Apps or Applications or Application Manager
- Tap the All or All Applications tab
- Select Google Play Store
- Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache
If you are still unable to update the Udemy app, try clearing Udemy App cache and data as well.
- Return to the All or All Applications tab
- Press Udemy
- Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache (Note: clearing your data will erase all downloaded content)
Now, reopen the Google Play store and download or update the Udemy app again.
If you continue to have trouble, it is a problem with Android. Please contact Google support directly.