This article outlines how instructors can add questions to practice tests they’ve added to their course curriculum, or practice test courses they’ve created.
Learn more about practice tests, practice test courses, and how to create them.
How to add questions to a practice test
Once you have created a practice test, you can add questions to it, by using either the Add Single Question or Batch Question Uploader options.
Please note: each practice test can include up to 250 questions.
To begin, click on Questions on the right-hand side of the Practice Test icon. Next, you will be asked to select either the Add Single Question or Batch Question Uploader option.
Using the add single question option
Questions can be created and added to a practice test, one-by-one, by using the Add Single Question option.
After you click Add Single Question, you will be prompted to create either a Multiple Choice or Multiple Selection question. The questions in a multiple choice format have only one correct answer. In a multiple selection question, however, more than one correct answer can be selected.
Once you’ve selected the type of question you wish to create, follow these steps to complete it:
- Enter the question.
- Create possible answers. You can write up to 15.
- Select the correct answer(s) by clicking on the circle to the left.
- Enter an explanation as to why that answer is the correct one. If you’re creating a Multiple Selection question, then outline why each answer is correct.
- Add a Knowledge Area (optional). If your practice test contains groups of questions that focus on certain sub-topics, you can create Knowledge Areas and add questions into them. After students complete the Practice Test, they will see their overall score, as well as their score in each Knowledge Area.
- Click Save.
After you’ve saved the question, you can add the next questions in the test by repeating the steps outlined above.
Using the Bulk Question Uploader
The Bulk Question Uploader allows you to upload an existing set of questions into a Udemy Practice Test. To use the uploader, first download Udemy's Practice Test Question Template, and format your questions according to the document. A link to download the template will appear after you click on the Bulk Question Uploader option.
You can also access the template by clicking here. The template can be used for either Multiple Choice or Multiple Selection questions.
Please note: when entering your questions and answers into the document, be sure to use the exact same format that's on the template, in order to avoid uploading errors.
- Your completed document must retain the same number of columns on the template (even if they're not used).
- The formatting for the column titles cannot differ from the formatting used in the template.
- The Question Type column must include the question type exactly as they're listed on the template. For example: multiple-choice must be written in the cell in this format with the hyphen and casing.
Once you’ve completed the template, return to the Bulk Question Uploader option in the Practice Test, and click on Upload CSV File.
Previewing and publishing the practice test
Once you’ve added questions to the practice test, you can see how the exam will appear to students, by clicking on Preview . To publish it click Publish Practice Test.
If you need to unpublish a practice test moving forward, click the unpublish icon on the right hand side.
Practice test frequently asked questions
Review answers to questions students frequently ask regarding practice tests.