If you've tried purchasing a course through Google Play on Udemy’s Android mobile app, but are unable to locate it in your account, this article explains the most common reasons why.
Which store/payment system were you using?
Depending on your location, course purchases on the Udemy Android app will be processed by either the Google Play payment system or Udemy’s checkout.
- Note: if you’re in a region where courses are sold through Google Play on the Udemy Android app, you will be asked to confirm you wish to use a Google Play payment method to complete your purchase.
- If you did not try to purchase a course through Google Play, please review how to find missing courses that were purchased through Udemy’s checkout.
How to confirm whether your Google Play purchase went through
Courses that are purchased through Google Play are processed by Google Play’s payment systems and not by Udemy's. If you tried to purchase a Udemy course through Google Play, and don’t see the course on the My learning page or the Archived section, please do the following:
- If you paid for the course through Google Play, check to see if you received a receipt from the Google Play platform.
- Please remember to check the email address that is registered for your Google Play account. It may be different from the email address you have registered for your Udemy account. Be sure to check your junk mail folders.
Check that you received an enrollment confirmation email from Udemy for the course. A confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to the email address registered to your Udemy account.
- Learn how to check your Udemy account’s email address.
- If you don’t see a confirmation email from Udemy, this could indicate that you purchased the course while logged into Udemy with a different email address or that the purchase was not completed (see below).
- If you see a charge on your bank statement from Google Play, but have not received a receipt, reach out to Google Play Support.
- If you did receive a receipt from Google Play, but do not see the course in your account, please contact our Support Team and attach the receipt you received. Our team needs to review the information in the receipt in order to assist you further.
Google Play authorization requests
If you tried to purchase a course through the Android app and see a charge in your banking information, but you did not receive an email receipt, it is likely an authorization request. The payment processor initiates authorization requests to verify the bank will allow it to be authorized.
- Authorization requests are not actual charges and will be reversed after the payment processor gets a response from your bank. This process generally takes 1- 14 business days. If the charges do not clear within this timeframe please contact your bank or Google Play.
Incorrect email address for Udemy account
If the purchase is showing in your banking information and you received a receipt from Google Play, but you haven’t received a confirmation email from Udemy, you may have entered your email address incorrectly when you created your Udemy account. As a result, our system would attempt sending the confirmation email to that address, instead of the correct one.
If you believe this has occurred, please contact our support team and provide the information that’s requested in the form.