The article answers frequently asked questions about Udemy coupons and coupon codes and how you can redeem a coupon you’ve received for a Udemy course.
Frequently asked questions
- How can I get a Udemy coupon or a discount code?
- What’s the difference between a Udemy coupon code and an instructor coupon code?
- How do I use a coupon code on Udemy?
- Why is my Udemy coupon not showing?
- Why did the discount price change for my course?
- Why do I see “Sorry, this course is not included in this promotion” when I try to redeem the coupon code?
- How long are coupon codes good for?
- Why can’t I enter coupon codes on the Udemy mobile app?
- I recently purchased a course but now have a coupon code that will discount the course price to lower than what I paid. What can I do?
How can I get a Udemy coupon or a discount code?
Udemy coupon codes come from promotions Udemy routinely runs on the Udemy website, www.udemy.com. These coupon codes are automatically applied to eligible courses when you select them for checkout.
We frequently run promotions on the platform. To help keep track and to make sure you don’t miss a sale, we recommend confirming you are subscribed to promotional emails in your notification settings.
- Learn how to review your notification settings for promotional emails.
Instructors are another source of coupon codes as they can create and distribute coupon codes for their own promotions.
What’s the difference between a Udemy coupon code and an instructor coupon code?
Udemy coupon codes come from regular promotions run on the Udemy platform. These are automatically applied to qualifying courses. If you are subscribed to marketing emails from Udemy, you will receive email notifications on when these promotions are happening.
Instructor coupon codes are generated by the instructors themselves. They usually share these codes using various channels such as promotional announcements or via their personal social media accounts.
Please note that these two types of coupon codes, set individually by either Udemy or the instructor, may not always offer the same discount or be valid for the same time period. To determine if you are using an Udemy or instructor coupon code, please check within the course landing page.
You can also review the label on the coupon code during checkout.
If there’s no visible discount or coupon code, that means the course is being offered at its standard price.
How do I use a coupon code on Udemy?
You can redeem Udemy coupon codes during checkout.
If you’re using Udemy coupon codes from a Udemy sale or promotion, they will auto-apply to eligible courses at checkout.
If you have an instructor coupon code, you can enter it into the coupon code field and click Apply (Learn how). If the instructor provided you with a direct link containing the coupon code, clicking on it will automatically apply the code to your cart. Remember to review the checkout page before clicking checkout to make sure you have applied all your coupon codes.
- Currently, coupon codes are not supported on our mobile app.
- Not all instructors have opted into Udemy promotions. So, some courses may not be eligible for a coupon code if they are not part of the ongoing Udemy sale.
- Gift codes can also be redeemed in the same way as a coupon (Learn more).
Why is my Udemy coupon code not showing?
There could be several reasons as to why your Udemy coupon code may not be showing in the cart:
- If you are having problems with your shopping cart, please view our troubleshooting steps for website issues.
- Coupon codes are currently not supported on our mobile app. If you are using the Udemy mobile app, please log into Udemy.com on a browser. (Learn how)
- For Udemy coupon codes that are part of a limited time promotion, please check to make sure the promotion has not ended.
- Udemy promotions can vary in length and scope, and not all sales apply to our entire marketplace. Not all instructors have opted into Udemy promotions, so some courses may not be eligible for a coupon that is part of an ongoing Udemy sale.
Why did the discount price change for my course?
Learn more about course pricing and why you may see a different price for a course.
Why do I see “sorry, this course is not included in this promotion” when I try to redeem the coupon code?
Instructors create and manage their own courses on Udemy. As such, they can decide if their courses will be included in Udemy’s promos and sales. If you encounter a notice saying a coupon code cannot be redeemed for a specific course, most likely it is because the instructor chose not to opt-in their course. However, most instructors on Udemy do opt-in to our Udemy’s promo program, so you’ll likely be able to use the coupon code for a similar course that is participating.
- View our Help Center article on searching for courses on Udemy.
Keep in mind that Udemy promotions may not always apply to every course and can vary in length. Every sale is unique!
How long are coupon codes good for?
Udemy coupon codes: If you have a coupon code that’s part of a Udemy promotion, then the coupon code can be used on eligible courses until the promotion ends.
The duration of specific Udemy promotions may vary. Some promotions may run for several days, while others may run for multiple weeks. In addition, the maximum amount of redemptions for coupons can vary, depending on the coupon or the promotion.
Instructor coupon codes: Like Udemy codes, coupons provided by instructors may expire or reach a maximum number of redemptions. Our coupon system allows instructors to generate different types of coupons with varying expiration windows and redemption limits.
We expect our instructors to communicate the specifics of each coupon they distribute, but if you're unsure about the terms of a coupon code an instructor has provided for you, we advise asking them directly.
Why can’t I enter coupon codes on the Udemy mobile app?
The Udemy mobile app features payment systems for Google Play (Android) and the Apple App Store (iOS), and as a result, there is currently no way to redeem a Udemy coupon on those platforms. Instructions on how to enter coupons or gift codes at Udemy.com are posted above.
I recently purchased a course but now have a coupon code that will discount the course price to lower than what I paid. What can I do?
Learn more about submitting a partial refund request.