If you've tried purchasing a course through the Apple App Store on Udemy’s iOS mobile app, but are unable to locate it in your account, this article explains the most common reasons why.
Courses are available for purchase in the Udemy mobile app through the Apple App Store. These transactions are processed by Apple and not by Udemy's.
Confirm whether your Apple purchase went through
- Check to see if you received a receipt from the Apple App Store
- Please remember to check the email address that is registered for your Apple App Store account. It may be different from the email address you have registered for your Udemy account. Be sure to check your junk mail folders.
- Check that you received an enrollment confirmation email from Udemy for the course. A confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to the email address registered to your Udemy account.
- If you don’t see a confirmation email from Udemy, this could indicate that you purchased the course while logged into Udemy with a different email address or that the purchase was not completed (see below).
- If you see a charge on your bank statement from Apple, but have not received a receipt, reach out to Apple Support.
- If you did receive a receipt from Apple, but do not see the course in your account, please contact our Support Team and attach the receipt you received. Our team needs to review the information in the receipt in order to assist you further.
“Pending” Apple purchases
If the course was purchased through the iOS app and you don’t see the course in your account, please check the status of your transaction and see if it is "Pending". This means the course has not been delivered to your account yet, since Apple's payment system is still processing the transaction.
- If it is "Pending", it may take between 24 - 48 hours for the course to be delivered to your account. If you no longer see "Pending" status for the Apple purchase, but you do not have your course in your account, please forward us a screenshot/email of your Apple App Store receipt. This will help us get the course up-and-running for you.
Incorrect email address for Udemy account
If the purchase is showing in your banking information and you received a receipt from Apple, but you haven’t received a confirmation email from Udemy, you may have entered your email address incorrectly when you created your Udemy account. As a result, our system would attempt sending the confirmation email to that address, instead of the correct one.
Please contact our Support Team and provide the information that’s requested in the form.