If you've uploaded a video to your course curriculum, but have encountered delays or issues in the processing stage, then please refer to the troubleshooting steps below. These should help clear up the problem so you can resume building or editing your course.
Troubleshoot Video Processing
When the upload bar has filled completely, the file will begin processing and it should finish processing on its own. If the file is still processing after 5 hours, however, please delete the lecture and start again.
If you see the error message There is an issue with your file preventing successful processing, then please try the following steps:
- Make sure that the file name does not contain any special characters or symbols. Try removing spaces and underscores
- Change the video format. The preferred format is .MP4 codec H.264 (with an AAC or MP3 audio codec)
- Reduce the size of the file. Uploads should not be larger than 4 GB.
- Reduce the resolution of the file. Videos up to 1080p are preferred.
- If you're uploading a PDF, make sure that the document is not password protected.
- Check that you can open and view your file on your computer and it is the correct file.
If you are having still having trouble, please contact Udemy support and we'll be happy to offer some assistance. If you could also include the following information, this will help our support agents investigate and resolve the issue for you.
- Lecture file
- Operating system you're using
- Internet connection speed
- Screenshot of the error message
- The troubleshooting steps you've tried