Our mission is to help anyone learn anything online. In order to give students great learning experiences, we have created the Quality Review Process.
Once your course is ready to be published, you can submit your course for review. Submitting a course for review will begin the Quality Review Process. As soon as the review team approves your course, the URL will go live.
After your course has been submitted, the Process Review Team will evaluate your course and provide feedback on the course quality checklist. Once your course passes, it will be published and can be discovered in the Udemy marketplace.
Before submitting your course
Ensure you have completed the items below on the Course Management Dashboard. You will know these items are complete when the circle next to each navigation item turns into a checkmark.
Learn how to complete the Intended learners section for your course and how to create effective objectives for learners.
On the Curriculum page, ensure you have a minimum of 5 lectures, 30 minutes of video content, and a title and content for ALL curriculum items. Learn how to create a lecture for your course.
Please note that if your uploaded videos are still processing, you will need to wait for these to successfully process before you can submit your course for review.
Course landing page
For the course landing page, each field needs to be completed before you can submit the course for review. These include the following:
Course title and subtitle: The course title should inform students what they will learn and how they can apply that knowledge.
- Learn how to add a course title and subtitle.
- Review our quality guidelines for course titles.
Course description: The course description explains what your course is about to potential students, and is integral in convincing students to purchase your course.
- Review Udemy's quality standards for creating course descriptions.
Basic information: The basic information for a course includes the course language, the learning level (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert and All) and category.
In addition, you will need to enter what is primarily taught in your course. Review tips on how to select primary topics for your course,
Course image: A course image is critical to a course's success. It should grab the attention of the viewer and help them understand the essence of what the course has to offer.
- Learn how to upload an image for your course.
- Review our quality standards for course images.
Instructor profile (s): The Instructor Bio is your dedicated space to present your expertise and experience. Your profile and the profile of any visible co-instructors in the course must be completed with a name, a photo, and a short bio (50 words minimum).
- Review our quality standards for an instructor’s bio
Promo video: The only field that is optional is the promo video, but we highly recommend that you create one as they can boost enrollments.
- Learn how you can upload a promo video to your course.
- Review our quality standards for promo videos.
Price and coupons
On the Price and Coupons Page, ensure you have selected the currency and price of your course. If you're planning to charge for your course, please apply to be a premium instructor before you submit your course for review.
- Learn more about Udemy’s pricing tiers for courses.
Decide whether you would like your course to be be public or private. Learn more.
Submit your course
- Once you have completed all the requirements for your course, click the Submit for Review icon on the left hand side of the course management page.
- If you have not yet completed the identify verification process (required by all instructors), you will be prompted to do so at this time.
- When you submit your course into the Quality Review Process you will be able to choose a unique URL for your course. For example, www.udemy.com/the-name-of-your-course/. Select your course URL and share it with friends and followers.
Why can’t I submit my course for review?
If you have not completed all the requirements for your course, then after you click Submit for Review, a new page will appear outlining any requirements that are not finished.
Follow the links shown there to add all of the remaining required items. Once you've completed the requirements shown, you will be able to send the course to our Quality Review team.
The Quality Review Process
Once your course has been submitted for review then the Quality Review Process will begin. Learn more.