If you've found a security vulnerability on the Udemy site, please report it through HackerOne. Our security team will investigate all legitimate reports and will do their best to fix issues as quickly as possible.
Our bounty program is designed to reward those who help us maintain a safe Udemy site for all of our users. Udemy will pay a bounty for legitimate, previously unknown reports. All payments will be sent directly through HackerOne.
In order to receive the bounty reports must:
- Be an original, previously unreported bug. Known vulnerabilities will not qualify for a reward.
- Be a vulnerability that allows a user to break into the system, allows a user to violate someone else's accounts, or allows a user to compromise user data
- Be resolved by our engineers before the reward is provided.
Please note that Udemy reserves the right to withhold bounty payments if we believe the reporter has taken actions to endanger the security of Udemy’s customers.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please provide detailed steps to reproduce this vulnerability though hackerone.com/udemy.
If you're taking a video or audio lecture, but can't hearing anything:
- Check if other videos are having playback issues on sites like Vimeo or YouTube
- Check if other course lectures are producing sound
Please Contact Support if other videos aren't playing correctly.
Other Lecture Types
If you can't hear anything, it's also possible that the lectures do not have sound. Instructors can create PDFs and Powerpoint based lectures and other lecture types visible on the course dashboard.
If the video lecture is not loading, try the following steps to resolve the most common video loading issues.
- Refresh your browser.
- Quit your browser and re-open it.
- Log out of Udemy and log back in.
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache. Be sure to restart your browser before trying again
- Restart your computer and your modem
- Check your browser version and update if outdated.
- Try a different browser, like Google Chrome.
- Try a different device or computer if possible
- Turn off hardware acceleration (in Firefox or on Windows).
- Try lowering the video quality of the lecture
- Take a note of your browser extensions/plugins/firewall programs. Is there anything that could be interfering with the streaming of the videos? We recommend testing with an incognito window to troubleshoot.
- Test your internet connection's speed
If you're still having trouble, it's possible that there's something wrong with the video file. Please send a message to the instructor and contact Udemy Support. When contacting support, please include:
- Your browser version
- Your OS (Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc.)
- The course URL and lecture number
- Your internet connection speed test results
- The resolution you were watching the video lecture at (ie - 720p, 480p etc)
- A screenshot or screencast of the problem. The more information you can provide, the faster we'll be able to resolve the issues you're encountering on our site.
Sometimes, a PDF document will take a while time to load. From the course dashboard, check how many pages is included in the document. If the document has multiple pages it's likely that the large file size is impacting the load time. Try refreshing the page to fix the issue.
The PDF is Loading as a Grey Screen
- Right-click on the grey rectangle.
- Click Save As... to download the PDF to your computer.
- Manually mark the lecture as complete.
If you're still having issues, please contact Udemy Support.
If you've bought a course and it is not showing up in My Courses, try the following suggestions:
Is the Course Archived?
- Go to My Courses
- From the Categories filter on the left, select Archived
- If you see the missing course, click the ellipsis (...) and Unarchive the course.
Missing Mobile Purchase
If you purchased a course on mobile, it's possible that the course was not registered to your account. Please email your purchase receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multiple E-mail Accounts
If you use multiple e-mail accounts, or have a Facebook or Google account, try logging in with the associated e-mail addresses.
If you're still having trouble, you may have misspelled your e-mail when first signing up. If you did not receive an e-mail with a receipt for your purchase, please send a message to email@example.com and include your first and last name, and the title of the course that you're missing.
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Course title
- First and last name
- Course purchase date
- Purchase receipt