AI Code Generation Beta Additional TermsRead article
Last Updated: April 24, 2023
- Proper Use. You may use the beta AI code generation tool (“Tool”) only for the purpose of creating coding exercises for educational purposes. Any other use of the Tool is strictly prohibited. You may not use the Tool to create content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive in any way. You may not use the Tool to infringe upon the rights of others, including but not limited to intellectual property rights.
- Ownership of Code. Udemy does not claim ownership rights in any of the prompts used to generate output or the output itself. As between you and Udemy, you retain ownership over the input and any output created using the Tool.
- Responsibility for Your Code. You are responsible for ensuring the code you create using the Tool is accurate, complies with applicable laws and regulations, and does not infringe on the rights of others. Outputs created by the Tool are merely suggestions. It is entirely up to you whether or not to use the suggested outputs.
- Disclaimer of Similarity. We do not guarantee that the code you create using the Tool will be unique or original. You acknowledge that the output generated by the Tool may be similar to other code available in the public domain. You are responsible for ensuring that your code does not infringe upon the rights of others, including but not limited to intellectual property rights. Our company is not responsible for any infringement or violation of rights arising from the use of the Tool.
- Ownership of Feedback. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding the beta or the Tool is entirely voluntary and will be owned solely by Udemy. We will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
New Instructor Challenge GuidelinesRead article
Want to be featured on the New Instructor Challenge page and promoted by Udemy via one or more of our social media accounts? If so, read below for information and guidelines on how you can get the chance to be selected.
The New Instructor Challenge is only open to newly registered Udemy instructors who have not yet published any content. Learn how to register to be a Udemy instructor. If you are interested in being selected, you must meet, at minimum, the following requirements:
- Complete the online submission form located here at this URL: https://www.udemy.com/instructor/newcomer/(“Form”). You must be logged into your Udemy account to access the Form.
- Opt-in to receive email messages from us. To remain eligible for the New Instructor Challenge, you must remain opted in for the duration of the Challenge. You may opt-out at any time, however once you opt-out you will no longer be eligible.
- Create and submit a course for quality review within 45 days of submitting your Form
- Address any outstanding issues and successfully publish your course on www.udemy.com within 55 days of submitting the Form
- Your course must comply with the terms in the Instructor Terms for “Submitted Content” as well as the standards in the Udemy Course Quality Checklist.
- For tips and advice on how to create a great first course, make sure you remain subscribed to our promotional emails!
For more information on how to be a Udemy Instructor or if you have any questions about how to submit or create content, please check out Teaching on Udemy: FAQ
Thank you for your interest in our New Instructor Challenge and we wish all interested new instructors good luck!