The Personal Plan subscription allows students to learn what they need, when they need it, by providing access to over 5,000 highly rated courses in over 1,700 course topics! This article includes answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Personal Plan.
Personal Plan content and course taking questions
- What’s the difference between a Personal Plan subscription, a Udemy Pro subscription and purchasing a regular Udemy Marketplace course?
- Which topic areas are available?
- How can I enroll in the Personal Plan subscription?
- Why can’t I see the option to enroll in the Personal Plan subscription?
- A course I want to take isn’t available in the subscription. Can I request to have a course added to the collection?
- Can I take my Personal Plan subscription courses on the Udemy mobile app?
- What languages are the courses taught in?
- Will I have full lifetime access to subscription content?
- Does the subscription program come with a 30-day money-back guarantee?
- How does the free trial work?
- How and when will I be billed?
- How much is the Personal Plan subscription fee?
- How can I view applicable fees and dates of my free trial period/subscription?
- Where can I access a receipt or invoice for my subscription?
- How can I cancel my subscription?
What’s the difference between a Personal Plan subscription, a Udemy Pro subscription and purchasing a regular Udemy Marketplace course?
- Personal Plan: a general subscription with access to over 5,000 courses in over 1,700 course topics, ranging from IT, web development, soft skills, business, marketing and design.
- Udemy Pro: a subscription specifically designed for students working to accomplish their IT certification goals.
- Udemy course: by purchasing a Udemy marketplace course, you obtain lifetime access to that course alone after enrolling in it. When subscribed to either Udemy Pro or Personal Plan, you will have unlimited access to the subscription’s content as long as you are paying for a monthly subscription.
Please note: students can only enroll in one subscription program at a time (learn how to cancel or manage your Udemy subscriptions).
Which topic areas are available?
Over 1,700 course topics are covered in the Personal Plan collection, ranging from IT, web development, soft skills, business, marketing and design.
How can I enroll in the Personal Plan subscription?
Learn how to sign up for the Personal Plan subscription.
Why can’t I see the option to enroll in the Personal Plan subscription?
Currently, Personal Plan is not available to all students at this time. But, rest assured, we are working to make the subscription available to more students. Please continue to visit the site to discover new courses and products!
A course I want to take isn’t available in the subscription. Can I request to have a course added to the collection?
When determining the collection’s courses, our team evaluates a number of criteria, some of which include the course rating, instructor performance and topic relevance. Although courses cannot be added to the collection by request at this time, you can purchase the course separately on Udemy and receive lifetime access to it.
Can I take my Personal Plan subscription courses on the Udemy mobile app?
Yes. You can access all the courses in the Personal Plan collection on Udemy’s mobile app, after you’ve enrolled in the subscription at Udemy.com (via a desktop, laptop or mobile browser).
Currently, however, you cannot sign up for the Personal Plan subscription on the Udemy mobile app.
What languages are the courses taught in?
Currently, the Personal Plan subscription only includes courses that are taught in English. We hope to add courses that are instructed in other languages moving forward.
The collection’s courses do offer auto-generated subtitles in Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, French and Indonesian. In addition, English auto-generated subtitles have been added to all video lectures that are instructed in English.
Learn more about subtitles on Udemy.
Will I have full lifetime access to subscription content?
You will have unlimited access to subscription content as long as you have an active Personal Plan subscription. If you cancel your subscription, you will have access to the subscription content until the final date of your billing period, which is posted on your Subscriptions page.
Does the subscription program come with a 30-day money-back guarantee?
Since Personal Plan is a subscription product, it does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, and no refunds or partial refunds are available unless otherwise required by applicable law. You may cancel at any time during your free trial, however, without being charged.
Depending on where you're located, you may be entitled to a refund. We determine your location based on the country associated with your account. Learn more about exceptions for subscription refunds, when required by law.
How does the free trial work?
You can try the Personal Plan subscription free for 7 days to determine if it’s a good fit for your learning needs. After 7 days, your trial will automatically convert to a recurring monthly subscription fee (plus applicable transaction taxes).
You may cancel at any time during your seven day, free trial without being charged. Learn how to manage your Udemy subscription.
Please note: the free trial is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously accessed the Personal Plan, either through a free trial or paid subscription, then you do not qualify.
How and when will I be billed?
If you signed up for the free trial, once the trial ends and converts to a monthly subscription, you will be charged your first month’s payment. You will be billed the same day each month (the recurring monthly subscription fee plus applicable transaction taxes). You can view your billing date on your Subscriptions page.
How much is the Personal Plan subscription fee?
Udemy is piloting a new Personal Plan subscription and the fee may vary, depending on several factors, including the location of your account. Udemy is a global company, and our marketing team may run various, limited-time promotions for subscriptions, which target different types of students, regions, and markets. This is part of Udemy’s ongoing effort to match students with the right learning experience, at the right fee.
You can check your Subscriptions page to view your applicable subscription fee, and you can also view when and how much you will be charged on that page after your free trial concludes. You may cancel at any time during your free trial.
How can I view applicable fees and dates of my free trial period/subscription?
Where can I access a receipt or invoice for my subscription?
How can I cancel my subscription?
If you decide the subscription isn’t the right fit for your learning needs, you can cancel your enrollment at any time. Review how to cancel your Personal Plan subscription.