This article answers frequently asked questions we receive about learning with Udemy.
Frequently asked questions
- What is Udemy?
- What do Udemy courses include?
- Where can I access Udemy?
- How do I create or log in to my account?
- How do I find a course?
- Can I preview a course before purchasing?
- How do I create a course?
- How do I start my course?
- Do I have to start or complete my course by a certain time?
- What course features are available?
- Do I receive anything after I complete a course? Is Udemy an accredited institution?
- What is available on Udemy for certification exam preparation?
- How do I pay for a course?
- What subscriptions are available?
- How do I use Udemy credits?
- I am having issues with my refund request.
- Can I change or exchange my course?
- I am receiving a payment error.
- I am having trouble logging in.
- My Udemy course is missing.
- I’m having issues with my audio or video.
- I’m having trouble with the course content or resources.
- Where else can I go for help?
What is Udemy?
Udemy's mission is to create new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere. Our global marketplace features an extensive, multi-language library, which includes thousands of courses taught by real-world experts. You can take courses across a wide range of categories, some of which include: business & entrepreneurship, programming, academics, the arts, health & fitness, language, music, and more!
What do Udemy courses include?
The foundation of each Udemy course is its lectures, which can include videos, slides, and text. Each Udemy course is created, owned, and managed by the instructor(s). In addition, instructors can add resources and various types of practice activities, as a way to enhance the learning experience of students.
- Learn more about Udemy’s platforms and features.
- Review tips on how to find courses you may be interested in taking.
Where can I access Udemy?
- View our system requirements
How do I create or log in to my account?
Learn how to log in to Udemy through your computer browser or the iOS or Android app below.
How do I find a course?
Learn how to search for courses on Udemy.
Can I preview a course before purchasing?
How do I create a course?
Learn how to become an instructor on Udemy.
How do I start my course?
After enrolling in the course, you can access it by logging in to your account and clicking on the course link you will receive in your confirmation email (provided you’re logged into your Udemy account) or on the My learning page.
- Learn how to start your course.
Do I have to start or complete my course by a certain time?
There are no deadlines to begin or complete a course. Learn about our Lifetime Access policy.
What course features are available?
Do I receive anything after I complete a course? Is Udemy an accredited institution?
Every approved, paid course features a certificate of completion to document your accomplishment. While Udemy is not an accredited institution, we offer skills-based courses taught by real-world experts in their field.
What is available on Udemy for certification exam preparation?
Learn about our certification exam preparation feature.
Purchase and Payments
How do I pay for a course?
Udemy supports several different payment methods, depending on your account country and location.
- Learn more about our payment methods.
What subscriptions are available?
Learn about Udemy’s Personal Plan subscription.
How do I use Udemy credits?
Learn more about Udemy credits.
I am having issues with my refund request.
View answers to commonly asked questions we receive regarding refunds.
Can I change or exchange my course?
While our system is not set up to exchange one course for another, you can submit a refund request and purchase another course, provided the refund request meets our refund guidelines.
I am receiving a payment error.
Learn about troubleshooting payment failures and issues.
I am having trouble logging in.
Learn how to troubleshoot login issues.
My Udemy course is missing.
Learn how to find your missing course.
If you are using the mobile app, learn how to find your missing course in the articles below:
I’m having issues with my audio or video.
Learn how to troubleshoot audio and video issues in the course player.
If you are using the mobile app, learn how to troubleshoot issues in the mobile course player.
I’m having trouble with the course content or resources.
As instructors own and manage their course content, they are in the best position to assist you. For any questions in paid courses, you can search for answers or ask a question in the Q&A.
Where else can I go for help?
For questions not related to the course curriculum, our Help Center has extensive information regarding Udemy’s various features, and articles with troubleshooting steps. Use the search tool or topics to help you quickly resolve any issues you encounter. Our support team is also happy to help.