We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Udemy can be refunded within 30 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
- Most refunds are returned via the original payment method. Please note that certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. Learn more about our refund policy.
- Refund requests cannot be submitted in the Udemy mobile app (please see the Requesting a refund on a mobile device section below).
Table of contents
How to request a refund from your Purchase history
If you’re accessing Udemy on a web browser, you can quickly request a refund from your Purchase history page, by following the steps below.
1. Navigate to your Purchase history.
2. Locate the course you wish to refund.
3. Below the course title, click Request Refund. You will be directed to the course refund page.
4. If your course was purchased as part of a shopping cart transaction, click View all courses to expand the shopping cart and then click Request Refund below the course title.
5. Next, select your Refund Method. If your transaction is eligible for a refund to your original payment method, you can choose to receive Udemy Credits instead.
- Credit refunds are faster than refunds to your payment method, as the credits are posted to your account immediately, after your refund is processed. Learn more about Udemy Credits and how they work.
6. Select a reason why you’re requesting a full or partial refund (please see below) for the course and then enter a brief description. The information you provide can help Udemy and the instructor improve moving forward.
7. Click Submit.
Requesting a partial refund
If you wish to request a partial refund, please be sure that you have selected a reason for a partial refund request and not a full refund. If you have selected a partial refund option, a notification confirming that you are requesting a partial refund will appear.
- Learn more about partial refund requests and how they work.
How to request a refund from the course player
If you’re accessing Udemy on a desktop or laptop, you can also request a refund for an eligible course from the course player, by following the steps below.
- Go to the course in My learning.
- Next, click on the ellipses (three dots) at the top right-hand corner of the course player.
- Select Request a refund in the drop down menu. You will be directed to the course refund page, where you can submit your refund request.
Requesting a refund on a mobile device
Refund requests cannot be submitted in the Udemy mobile app. If you need to submit a refund request from your mobile device, please login into our mobile site on a browser, and submit your request from the Purchase history page (as shown above).
How to request a refund for a Udemy gift
Refund requests for Udemy courses that have been purchased as gifts can be submitted to our Support Team. Please note that our refund policy also applies to gift purchases and some restrictions may apply.
Refund requests that are submitted by the gift recipient will be granted using Udemy Credits, provided it otherwise meets our 30-day, refund policy.
Refunds for courses purchased with a prepaid credit card
Eligible refunds for courses purchased with a prepaid credit card will be refunded back to the original card.
- If you no longer have the prepaid credit card, please select Udemy Credits as your refund method, by following the steps outlined above.
After you’ve submitted your refund request you can check the status of your refund in your purchase history. You will also be sent an email confirming that your refund request has been processed.
Review answers to commonly asked questions we receive regarding a refund's status.