We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Udemy can be refunded within 30 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
- Most refunds are returned via the original payment method. Please note that certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please click here.
- Refund requests cannot be submitted in the Udemy mobile app (please see the Requesting a refund on a mobile device section below).
How to request a refund from the course player
If you’re accessing Udemy on a desktop or laptop, you can quickly request a refund from the course player, by following the steps below.
1. Go to the course in My Courses.
2. Next, click on the ellipses (three dots) at the top right-hand corner of the course player.
3. Select Request a refund in the drop down menu. You will be directed to the course refund page, where you can submit your refund request.
4. Next, select a reason why you’re requesting a refund for the course and then enter a brief description. The information you provide can help Udemy and the instructor improve moving forward.
5. Click Submit.
How to request a refund from your Purchase history
If you’re accessing Udemy on a browser, you can also request a refund from your Purchase history page, by following the steps below.
- Navigate to your Purchase history.
- Locate the course you wish to refund
- Below the course title, click Request Refund. You will be directed to the course refund page, where you can submit your refund request.
Requesting a refund on a mobile device
Refund requests cannot be submitted in the Udemy mobile app. If you need to submit a refund request from your mobile device, please login into our mobile site on a browser, and submit your request from the Purchase history page (as shown above).
After you’ve submitted your refund request you can check the status of your refund in your purchase history. You will also be sent an email confirming that your refund request has been processed.
For answers to commonly asked questions we receive regarding a refund's status, please click here.