Along with full refunds, you may also request a partial refund for eligible courses purchased within the last 30 days on Udemy, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Submitting a partial refund request
Steps on how to submit a partial refund request are outlined in How to Refund a Course. Please be sure to select a reason for a partial refund request and not a full refund.
- If you have selected a partial refund option, a notification confirming that you are requesting a partial refund will appear.
Please include a brief description and details regarding your request, so that our team can assist you better and process your request.
Partial refunds based on the payment method
For most payment methods available on Udemy, we are able to complete partial refunds via the payment method that was used. However, there are some instances where we may have to grant a partial refund via Udemy credits.
- If you would prefer to receive your partial refund via Udemy credits, please make sure to specify this when submitting your refund request. Credit refunds are faster than refunds to your payment method, as the credits are posted to your account immediately, after your refund is processed.
- Apple purchases are processed through Apple and not Udemy, and so we are unable to offer cash refunds for in-app purchases made in the Apple App Store. As a result, partial refunds for Apple purchase are granted via Udemy credits.
- If you have paid via Google Play, we can only process partial refund requests in Udemy credits. Full refunds for Google Play purchases, however, can be processed back to your original payment method.
More information regarding credit only refunds is available in our refund policy.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Udemy can be refunded within 30 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
- Most refunds are returned via the original payment method. Please note that certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. Learn more about our refund policy.
- Refund requests cannot be submitted in the Udemy mobile app (please see the Requesting a refund on a mobile device section below).
Table of contents
How to request a refund from your Purchase history
If you’re accessing Udemy on a web browser, you can quickly request a refund from your Purchase history page, by following the steps below.
1. Navigate to your Purchase history.
2. Locate the course you wish to refund.
3. Below the course title, click Request Refund. You will be directed to the course refund page.
4. If your course was purchased as part of a shopping cart transaction, click View all courses to expand the shopping cart and then click Request Refund below the course title.
5. Next, select your Refund Method. If your transaction is eligible for a refund to your original payment method, you can choose to receive Udemy Credits instead.
- Credit refunds are faster than refunds to your payment method, as the credits are posted to your account immediately, after your refund is processed. Learn more about Udemy Credits and how they work.
6. Select a reason why you’re requesting a full or partial refund (please see below) for the course and then enter a brief description. The information you provide can help Udemy and the instructor improve moving forward.
7. Click Submit.
Requesting a partial refund
If you wish to request a partial refund, please be sure that you have selected a reason for a partial refund request and not a full refund. If you have selected a partial refund option, a notification confirming that you are requesting a partial refund will appear.
- Learn more about partial refund requests and how they work.
How to request a refund from the course player
If you’re accessing Udemy on a desktop or laptop, you can also request a refund for an eligible course from the course player, by following the steps below.
- Go to the course in My learning.
- Next, click on the ellipses (three dots) at the top right-hand corner of the course player.
- Select Request a refund in the drop down menu. You will be directed to the course refund page, where you can submit your refund request.
Requesting a refund on a mobile device
Refund requests cannot be submitted in the Udemy mobile app. If you need to submit a refund request from your mobile device, please login into our mobile site on a browser, and submit your request from the Purchase history page (as shown above).
How to request a refund for a Udemy gift
Refund requests for Udemy courses that have been purchased as gifts can be submitted to our Support Team. Please note that our refund policy also applies to gift purchases and some restrictions may apply.
Refunds for courses purchased with a prepaid credit card
Eligible refunds for courses purchased with a prepaid credit card will be refunded back to the original card.
- If you no longer have the prepaid credit card, please select Udemy Credits as your refund method, by following the steps outlined above.
After you’ve submitted your refund request you can check the status of your refund in your purchase history. You will also be sent an email confirming that your refund request has been processed.
Review answers to commonly asked questions we receive regarding a refund's status.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Udemy can be refunded within 30 days, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please see below.
How to submit a refund request
For answers to commonly asked questions we receive regarding a refund's status, please review our refund status FAQ.
Our 30-day policy
While our 30-day refund policy is to allow students to learn risk free, we must also protect our instructors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to instructors after 30 days, so we will not process refund requests received after the refund window.
Additional reasons for denied refunds
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:
- A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a student before the refund was requested.
- Multiple refunds have been requested by a student for the same course.
- Excessive refunds have been requested by a student.
- Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines.
- We do not grant refunds for any subscription services unless otherwise required by applicable law (please see below for more information).
These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Credit only refunds
In cases where a transaction is not eligible for a cash refund, the refund will be granted using Udemy credits, provided it otherwise meets our 30-day refund policy.
If your course purchase is only eligible for a credit refund, this will be indicated on the refund page.
Types of purchases that are only eligible for credit refunds
iOS (Apple): iOS payments are processed through Apple and not Udemy, and so we are unable to offer cash refunds for in-app purchases made in the Apple App Store. You can read more about Apple's refund policy here.
Bank & cash transfers: certain bank and cash transfer methods are only eligible for credit refunds.
Udemy credits: for more information regarding Udemy credits and refunds involving them, please click here.
Alfamart or Indomaret: course purchases that are finalized at Alfamart and Indomaret are only eligible for credit refunds.
Refunds for subscription plans
Udemy’s subscriptions plans do not offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, and no refunds or partial refunds are available unless otherwise required by applicable law (see below). If you’re enrolled in a subscription via the free trial, you can cancel the free trial at any time, without being charged.
Depending on where you're located, you may be entitled to a refund. We determine your location based on the country associated with your account. Learn more about exceptions for subscription refunds, when required by law.
Refunds for bundles purchased through a third-party
Since the payment for the bundle was processed by the third-party vendor, we do not have the transaction on file and cannot initiate a refund for you. Please contact the third-party vendor directly to request a refund.
Refunds for courses enrolled in through a third-party sale or promotion
If you enrolled in a course through a third-party sale or promotion on their platform/site (for example: a company is selling or giving away Udemy courses), please contact the third-party directly to request a refund. Udemy does not have access to the necessary information to review or process these refund requests.
Eligible course purchases can be refunded within 30 days after the purchase. Below are answers to some of the most common questions we receive regarding refunds, and how long the process takes.
- How can I submit a refund request?
- Where can I see the status of my refund?
- When will I receive my refund?
- I requested a refund more than 10 business days ago, but I still do not see it in my bank account. Where is my refund?
- It has been more than 30 days since I requested my refund but I haven’t received it yet. What do I do now?
- What is the difference between a refund and a purchase reversal?
- What is a “credit refund”?
How can I submit a refund request?
Where can I see the status of my refund?
You can see the status of your refund in the Refunds section of your Purchase History page. In the Refund Status column you can see the date your refund request was submitted or when it was processed.
The amount of your refund and the payment type it was refunded to is also included.
When will I receive my refund?
Refund requests are submitted immediately to your payment processor or financial institution after Udemy has received and processed your request. It may take 5 to 10 business days or longer to post the funds in your account, depending on your financial institution or location.
If you requested a refund within 24 hours of purchasing the course, however, it may be processed as a purchase reversal (please see below for more information).
I requested a refund more than 10 business days ago, but I still do not see it in my bank account. Where is my refund?
As noted above, it may take 5 to 10 business days to post the funds in your account after Udemy has processed your refund request, depending on your financial institution or location. Some refunds, however, may not post to your account for up to 30 days. If it has been more than 10 business days since the refund was processed by Udemy, please contact your bank directly to inquire about the status of the refund. If the bank does not see the refund in their records, please contact Udemy Support by clicking Contact Us.
It has been more than 30 days since I requested my refund but I haven’t received it yet. What do I do now?
If it has been more than 30 days since you requested a refund, and you still haven’t received it, then please contact Udemy Support.
What is the difference between a refund and a purchase reversal?
If you paid with a credit or debit card, most refunds that are processed within 24 hours of the purchase are processed as reversals. What this means is that the original charge will be removed from your bank or credit card statement, usually within 5 business days. If it is a reversal, then you will not see the refunds credited back to your account, since they were never withdrawn.
Why was my refund request denied?
All eligible courses purchased on Udemy can be refunded within 30 days, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy. Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. Learn more about our refund policy.
What is a “credit refund”?
In cases where a transaction is not eligible for a refund to your original payment method, the refund will be granted using Udemy Credits, provided it meets our refund policy. You can learn more about which types of transactions are only eligible for credit refunds in our Refund Policy.
Alternatively, if your transaction is eligible for a refund to your original payment method, you can choose to receive Udemy Credits as your refund method instead. The credits will be added to your account, immediately after your refund is processed, so that you can use them towards your next purchase. You can check your credit balance by navigating to your Udemy credits page.
To learn more about Udemy Credits and how they work, please review our Udemy Credits FAQ.
Udemy is unable to provide refunds for our Subscription Plans, unless otherwise required by applicable law. This article outlines Udemy’s policies related to honoring refunds when required by applicable law, including requirements to submit a refund request.
Eligible locations for subscription refunds
Depending on where you are located, you may be eligible for a subscription refund within a specific number of days (your “refund period”). We determine your location based on the country associated with your Udemy account.
Please note: if you sign up for a free trial, you agree that your refund period will begin on the first day of your free trial.
For learners with Udemy accounts in countries/regions where subscription refunds are required by law, Udemy will honor subscription refund requests, so long as requests are made within the country-specific refund periods. Examples of such countries/regions include the following:
(the amount of days from the start of your subscription)
At any time
How to submit a refund request
If you are in a country/region where you are entitled to a refund and would like to receive such refund, you may submit a refund request to Udemy Support before your applicable refund period concludes.
Please note that requesting a subscription refund will result in cancellation of your Subscription Plan and your access to that Subscription Plan will automatically end on the last day of your billing period.
If you need to locate the URL of a course you’re taking, this article explains how you can do so from the course player on a web browser.
How to locate the course URL on a web browser
The course URL is the web address of the course page. You can copy the URL for the course, which appears above the course player in your web browser.
Steps on how to access the course player can be read here.
How to locate the course URL on a mobile device
Please note that the course URL is only visible on a web browser and not in the Udemy mobile app. To locate the course URL while using a mobile device, please log into Udemy.com on a web browser and navigate to the course page.